Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Now it Begins.....

Well, as of April 19, 2011, Jonathan and I are officially done (I say this lightly) with what we have to do in order to continue the adoption process.
Ok, so there is more to do, but for now we are done. The paperchasing pregnancy has almost come to a close and we are ready for delivery :)
On Tuesdsay (April 19th) we went to Memphis to get fingerprinted by the USCIS. I loved seeing all the different nationalities represented there. Most of these people were there for interviews and a few like us there for fingerprinting. It wasn't busy at all, but like a government run office, we had to wait. The location of the building is in a strange location - across from Garden Ridge and next to a U-haul rental place - not the exact location for such an official place. My appointment was at 8 and Jonathan's at 9. We arrived at 8 and were out by 9 so the wait wasn't too bad.

So now we wait. Once we receive our I-171H document (which was the need for the fingerprinting) our dossier will be ready to send off to our home office in VA, then to DC for Hillary Clinton to sign and then off to Ethiopia for the long wait.

As we get closer to our paperwork being in Ethiopia I begin to be more anxious (in a good way) about the little girl that will be our little girl. I pray (and ask that you pray) for the mother that will carry her for 9 months. I pray for health and safety. I pray that the Lord will fill the void in her heart that will occur when she departs with her child. I pray that the Lord will bless her in a mighty way. You see in the story of adoption there is a wonderful, beautiful side and a heartbreaking, sorrowful side. God is revealing the darker side to me more and more. I have already pondered will our little girl's mom remember her on her birthday? Will she wonder what she is doing and how she is? I can't help but think those will be hard days for her. Please pray for the young lady (whomever she is).

So we wait and we trust.....

No comments:

Post a Comment